Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS/Call Pilot/.....Setting up Private DID for operator position

Status
Not open for further replies.

RingTHIS

Programmer
Aug 23, 2012
US
Hello:
Customer has an MICS with Call Pilot VM. Operator is extension 7521 and they have Services ON 24/7 so all calls go to the AA initially. They called yesterday and wanted to have an unused DID set up for the operator to have a private/personal line with voice mail. My Nortel knowledge is limited so please bear with me. I tried using:

1) Answer DN
2) Putting the target line for the DID on the operators phone
3) Using a Hunt Group

All three of these attempts resulted in one of two scenarios. The call would go directly to VM without ringing the operators phone or if I was able to make the phone ring, the call would never end up going to voice mail. I finally left and told them that I would have to look into it further and get back to her this week. Any helpful input is appreciated.

Thank You!!

When you assign her this new DID, have you taken that target line out of the control group that every other line is in by default, which is how the services probably work now? So if 7251 is the set where the services are turned on and off at, then 7251 is most likely the control set for all the lines. It sounds like your basic problem is getting one line out of that services group, so it is not answered by AA... unless I am not understanding you. Its been a while, but getting only certain lines to answer via services is doable along those lines. Once it is not answered by services it should ring her phone and go to her VM box after the FWD or return timer.

I read your post one more time. You dont mention if she has a voice mail box currently, or if this is a "new" mbx that needs to be separate from one she already has. My previous solution would send the new DID to her current mbx (assuming she has one,) but she could have a "private line". For two mailboxes, I would refer to a combination of my and curlycords post.

If you set the line to ring on her phone only (appear & ring).
Then make sure that AA does not answer that line.
Don't forget to change the control set for that line to none. That way the line won't be fwd elsewhere on night service.
Her set properties will control the call then. (Fwd no answer to her MB).

Jon

Control set does not matter, you would have to input a line into a a service for it to be affected.

FAQ's updated with 2 entries:

If the 2nd user has private line*:
-Go to Sets/300/LineAcess/LineAssignment and add the line required

If the 2nd user has a private line but does not need the line to ring the set an is using Callpilot for voicemail then you can use the Express Messaging Line in Voice Mail admin programming and assign the line within the required mailbox so that all calls on the private line will go straight to the mailbox.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Every line is in the default group 1 by default. That's why it is easy to set up night ringing. You dont have to input the lines.. You only have to input the set as the VM-DN. The lines are already there, which is why when he sets up her new DID, it is answered by the AA (since services are on 24-7 in his setup).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back