Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS Backup and restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpds

Vendor
Oct 13, 2015
US
I have a MICS that I installed 2 weeks ago with DTI, 6 port comb, with PRI. After complete install was told by user MOH was not working, using right port, can here the ads playing at the phone amphenol connection. I was told I could do a backup and restore on a replacement cabinet that the sysid & PRI codes would be restored on replacement MICS? I have two MICS's at my shop and when I do the backup & restore here the sysid don't change is this what is supposed to happen? Any suggestions on changing out the cabinet without getting new key codes? This is a nursing home so having the system down for any length of is not good. Thanks

The system ID is against the KSU
The key code is for the system ID

So you would need to have Avaya transfer the key code from one system id to the other....not sure if they do this still.
The system is not supported anymore and KRS and limited warranty customers direct with Avaya will end in October.

You may need to poke around and find other means.

Quickly try another AMP with only MOH connected to the new AMP
Also try background music on a set to test, if that works then the on hold portion is fried.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Thanks I did change it to tones and when on hold we could hear the tones,but no music on hold or back ground. Question for curlycord will the sysid that's on the MICS now (replacement) change when I add the DTI card & 6 port comb.?

Once I had a cics with moh problems, I replaced the amphenol, then the cics, still no moh. Reversed polarity from the music source and tada I had moh. Maybe try that first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back