Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS and Call Pilot zero transfer to receptionist isse

Status
Not open for further replies.

macsfo

Technical User
Oct 7, 2004
We recently upgraded our MICS 3.0 and Flash voice mail to a MICS 7.1 and Call Pilot. We replaced the old system with a new all new equipment. The old system consisted of 6 DID Trunks and 8 POTS lines in hunt. The new system runs off a PRI.

The receptionist claims that the new system has an issue when she tries to transfer a caller that has zeroed out from a voice mailbox. She claims that before the new installation when a caller transferred out of a voice mail by pressing zero, she was able to answer the call at the front desk and place it on hold. She would then find the person and they could go back to their desk and pick the call up from hold with no further intervention from the receptionist. The way she explains it, the call appearance never left the original extension. When she put it on hold at the front desk, the call was on hold at the original station and the reception desk.

I’ve worked with several Nortel switches and have never experienced a call transferred out of voice mail keeping an appearance on the set. Our vendor is stumped. This system as well as our old system is configured as a hybrid system. The only real difference is PRI vs. POTS and DID Trunks.

One other person in the office claims she also transferred calls the same way prior to the new installation.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You had analog DID and analog lines for out dial. A PRI acts totaly different from analog lines in that it will not appear on hold at multiple sets but there is somthing called System wide call answer you program buttons and the recept presses the button instead of hold and it will show on multiple phones and it can be picked up. Check it out in the docs for setting it up. It's easy.

Thank cook1082, but that wasn't my question. I know about system wide call answer. I have my doubts that what the receptionist is explaining on the old system worked in the manner she says. She is pretty savey as receptionist go, I just think she isn't explaining it correctly.

Is there a feature on older Nortel software that actually allowed held/transferred calls as explained?

In my other office, with a Nortel CICS and analog lines, when a call goes to voice mail it disappears from my set, once the delay CF takes over and forwards the call to voice mail. So how can it re-appear when answered and held at a another set if the caller zeroed out?

As cook explained, calls don't "disapear" off of analog line appearances. No matter where or how or when its transfered, the call is always on that line. And if it is put on hold and another phone has a line appearance, they can pick it up. You must not have line appearances on your CICS in your office. Pri's can't have line appearances.

if lines (analog or target ) don't show on the set you can place on hold and pick up on other sets

the best way to do this is for the reception to park the call

for example :she has a call ,and presses the park key or code
"feature 74" and display show parked on 101 (or which ever its setup for

then anybody can pick up there phone (intercom) and dial 101 to get that call

mike

Thanks guys for the responses I know how to use Call Park and the difference between analog lines, analog DID trunks and PRI circuits. However the original issue has to do with using hold not Call Park.

Let me give you the entire scenario below to ponder.

DID Target line 175 (analog) is assigned to x 278 to ring and appear. Caller "A" calls DID 555-2278 which rings at x 278 four times before it Fwd No Answer to x 299. x 299 is the pilot voice mail extension. Caller "A" is now in x 278's voice mailbox. Caller "A" presses zero to get to an operator. The voice mail system transfer the call to x 200. The receptionist answers the call and puts the call on hold at x 200.

How does the Caller "A" call still show up on x 278 since the original call has

1) Fwd No Answer from x 278 to x 299.
2) Caller has zero transferred from x 299 to x 200
3) Caller "A" put on hold at x 200 while the operator walks around the office looking for the person who sits at x 278. Once the receptionist finds x 278's user that person can go back to their phone and just pick up the call from hold.

I say it's impossible for Caller "A" to still be holding at x 278 since the original call was Fwd No Answer to another extension, then transferred out of voice mail to x 200 and held at x 200.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back