Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS and Call Pilot 150 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 26, 2003
CA
I presently have a client on an old Startalk Voicemail System and am looking at cutting them over to a Call Pilot 150. Their Feature cartridge is a T1 Release 1. Can anyone out there shed some advice?

You need a minimum of 4.1 on your MICS in order for the CallPilot to work.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than to have a frontal lobotomy

Thanks Tronic1. Do I purchase a 4.1 or higher software cartride and install it into slot B on the 0x32?

Upper level software comes in two pieces, a PCMCIA card and the cartridge. You will purchase them both together, the PCMCIA card goes inside the cartridge, the cartridge then goes into the regular software slot

MRoberts

If I understand you correctly, I would pull the T1 Release 1 Feature Cartridge and upgrade it with another Feature Cartridge that supports a PCMCIA slot and the PCMCIA card would be 4.1 or higher.

Is there an upgrade tool for this? Of course if you’re not worried about saving any programming then you will not need one.

What do you mean by upgrade tool? And saving the programmed information is neccessary.

There isn't a tool for this.

It's a completely different software cartridge type. The R1T1 is an all in one unit (kind of like the old nintendo cartridges). The new ones are PCMCIA cards that fit into a cartridge, and the whole thing gets plugged in.

Definitely do a backup.

There's an upgrade tool. First 1-piece to 2-piece using the new RAM cartridge and ugrade flash card #1(roughly equivilant to R4.1). The second step goes to the new R7.0 flash card

MICS UPGRADE TOOLS

Upgrading any Release 3.0 or earlier Modular ICS system to Release 4.0 and higher requires the use of an Upgrade Tool to ensure that no programming data is lost in the upgrade.

There are three upgrade tools available for the various types of Modular ICS systems that require upgrading:

Coming From: NA MICS 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0
Going To: NA MICS 4.0, USA MICS XC 4.0, CDA MICS XC 4.0 and higher.
Use this Tool: NA MICS Upgrade Tool

Coming From: CDA MICS XC 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0
Going To: CDA MICS XC 4.0 and higher
Use this Tool: CDA MICS XC Upgrade Tool

Coming From: USA MICS XC 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0
Going To: USA MICS XC 4.0 and higher
Use this Tool: USA MICS XC Upgrade Tool

Procedure:
1. Power down.
2. Remove old software cartridge.
3. Install new software cartridge with the Upgrade PCMCIA tool in it.
4. Power up. After a few minutes the main phone will show INSERT MICS.
5. Power down.
6. Remove the Upgrade PCMCIA tool card and install the new software PCMCIA card.
7. Power up.

Coming From: MICS 4.0, 4.1, 5.0, 6.0
Going To: MICS 6.1
Needed: New MICS 6.1 SW

Coming From: MICS 4.0, 4.1, 5.0, 6.0
Going To: MICS 6.1 XC
Needed: New MICS 6.1 XC SW

Coming From: MICS 4.0 XC, 4.1 XC, 5.0 XC or 6.0 XC
Going To: MICS 6.1 XC
Needed: New MICS 6.1 XC SW

Coming From: MICS 4.0 XC, 4.1 XC, 5.0 XC or 6.0 XC
Going To: MICS 6.1
Needed: WILL LOSE ALL PHONE SYSTEM PROGRAMMING

Procedure:
1. Power down.
2. Remove the old PCMCIA software card. NOT THE CARTRIDGE.
3. Install the NEW PCMCIA software card into the old cartridge still in the MICS.
4. Power up.

MRoberts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back