Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS 7.1 XC slow-down on processing of calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

killowattkid

Vendor
Oct 4, 2006
US
I have a FULL MICS 7.1-XC. There are 68 C.O.'s (17 LS cards) and 140 M-7310's. Calls are answered by a CP150. Calls then route to a Hunt Group via a CCR tree. This hunt group is set as a broadcast group with 99 members. Is there a limit on the maximum members in a hunt group to broadcast, without processor slow-downs? I have been told that the upward limit for successful hunt groups is 40 members.

90% of the calls are outbound (800 calls per hour). Are there any known issues that would cause the processing of calls to slow down? [Slow (3-5 second delay after the key-press) off-hook, slow transfers, slow releasing of calls]

Holy crap!

68 C.O.s and 99 members in a hunt group?

-Have you thought about PRI?
-Why so many members in a single hunt group?
-Do you have 1 or 2 combo cards in the system?

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Hey Curly,

I tried to get them into a PRI or three. They have a "smoking" flat rate deal from the carrier, that gives them cheap outbound on POTS. The majority of the calls are outbound.

Hunt Group:
They wanted a sales floor of 100 users to answer incoming calls when the caller opted for the sales path. The limit on CC agents logged in is 50 on the Call center, so they went with a Broadcast Hunt. The fastest fingers win and answer the calls. Do you have any other suggestions? (I am trying to limit the salespeople to handle only one call at a time on their phones)

There is one combo and one 6-port in the system.

Try 2 combo's for more resources.

What is system history? upgrade on top of upgrades? lots of MAC programming?
Maybe a re-install of programming.

Otherwise may need a bigger system is my guess.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

BC

Do you know what additional resoures are on the Combo Cards? I know there are DTMF receivers. Anything else that would off-load some of the call processing?

Curly,

This is a new install, new cabinet, new software. Then last part of the programming was changing DNs. They range from 1xxx, 2xxx, 3xxx and 4xxx extensions. All of the phones use pool A. All incoming hit the CP150 except 5 CO's (the 5 CO's ring the 100 member hunt group directly, using line assignment)

Almost sounds like the carrier is bringing T-1's into a channel bank and breaking them out to analog loop-starts.
Why not get rid of the channel banks and go straight T-1, look at all the real estate the customer would gain in their switch.

The lines are straight copper from AT&T. I have recommended PRI's from the start. I have installed two combo cards now. There are still some slow-downs to answer Broadcast HG calls, approximately 1 second AFTER the agent presses the HG button to answer, and all of the Broadcast members are still hearing the incoming ringing.

The other issue is that some of the CO lines go out-of-service during the day. (7-10 CO Lines average per day). If the system is restarted they restore. They can also be disabled and re-enabled through maintenance successfully.

Any additional suggestions would be highly appreciated.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of my fellow technicians! KK

Take a look at the alams/events to see if anything.

Try without Hunt Groups to see if it is the issue.

Maybe swap out the original combo card in case it has an issue....or NVRAM cart, its rls 2?.

When did problem start? after some large programming job or all of a sudden?.

outta ammo.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

You should never put more than 50 extensions into a hunt group. Or no more than 50 line appearances of any one line on as many sets. You are lucky the box is not warm booting.
Nortel used to put this into their documentation.

David Brillert:
NNCAS NNCSS NNCDS 3Com CNTS
Product Manager

I hate to be redundant here, but your customer is following the dollar trail rather than the hardware trail.

Nortel designed it's combo cards to provide more processing power- Normally installed with additional PRI circuits. Convince them to follow this path, and all will be well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back