Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS 7.1 with 4.1 NAM voice mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

pccsipoffice

Technical User
Apr 17, 2012
US
MICS 7.1 with 4.1 NAM
I want to make a DID target incoming call go to one voice mail box.
The target line appears and rings on two sets now.
The folks dont want to use a Attendant just go to a box.
I am going to remove the attendant from the line. Will the call end up in the
primed sets box?

Not too clear....
The calls currently go to AA yet they also ring at 2 sets?
1. Did you mean AA is a backup after X amount of rings?
2. Did you want the call to go straight into the mailbox and not ring the 2 sets?
3. Which mailbox is it to end up in?
4. Is Number 43 Marcus Williams of the New Orleans Saints the worse *&$%^ tackler in the game of football?

Callpilot comes with feature Express Messaging Line which allows you to send Target lines straight to the mailbox.
On a NAM you might be able to send it straight using Hunt Groups by assigning NAM's DN as the member and set Overflow to NAM's DN.
This might send the call to the General Mailbox, your other choice is to (create) a mailbox with the same number as HG's DN.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Not too clear....
The calls currently go to AA yet they also ring at 2 sets?
1. Did you mean AA is a backup after X amount of rings? YES but the folks dont want but one message to play. No attendant.
2. Did you want the call to go straight into the mailbox and not ring the 2 sets? NO
3. Which mailbox is it to end up in? Just one of the sets.
4. Is Number 43 Marcus Williams of the New Orleans Saints the worse *&$%^ tackler in the game of football? OH my.......

if the line is set to private it might go to it. on second thought I think it will only need to ring on the one set. I can set the
second one to an alternate DN if they dont want a separate box on it. Call forward no answer 4 rings.

So if it is to go to one of the 2 sets then just change the Forward No Answer Ring Count on one set to be less than the other then the call will go to the one with smaller ring count.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Makes sense. I was just a little unsure because it is a target line not a POTS.
I will leave it at Public then and try it.
Thanks

The target line appears and rings on two sets now."

I do not use Appear & Ring at all and always make Target lines Ring Only then add 2 Intercom keys for users, reception would be more like 4 or 5.
So keep that in mind if still an issue.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

most sets at this location dont have an appearance.
Keeps the confusion down. I may change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back