Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS 7.0 with PRI not broadcasting OLI#s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missy8s

Vendor
Apr 19, 2011
US
Good morning,

I have a client with MICS 7.0 with PRI that is not broadcasting assigned OLI#s

The "Send Name" feature under Hardware-Card-PRI-A is on.

The telephones have OLI#s assigned.

The DIDs have Caller ID set to yes.

Comcast says there is nothing on there end prohibiting the digits from passing but they're not seeing them.

I did notice when I was there last week that our CSU is on...

Am I missing something?

Thank you in advance,

Melissa

I am heading to the site momentarily but what they told me on Friday is they can't see anything coming from our end except the primary BTN...

We're supposed to be doing ISDN/SiP testing this morning with the digit grabber on the CO end.

I should be able to provide much more info at that time.

Is there a basic setup for OLI#s I am unaware of or perhaps a crib sheet that might help?

As far as what has always worked in the past, I've never had to put anything into the system(s) other than the OLI# under Tereminals & Sets / Line Access...

I'm sure the "OLI" will not be seen untill Comcast allows it. I have run into this before.

Wayne T

I should have paid more attention COMCAST being the key word. It's not a straight PRI its VoIP converted. We have had the same issues is our area in the past with Bright House it turns out they needed to make adjustments in their onsite cable modem to make it pass through correctly.

Thanks for the help everyone, this issue has been resolved!

The issue was indeed with the LEC, they were blocking the variable OLI feature in the C.O.

[afro]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back