Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS 7.0 Programming Questions x5...Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

charleskeen

Programmer
Nov 26, 2006
US
Hello forum members. I am a retired SBC employee of 37 years, and I am working with a NEW MICS 7.0 Nortel Norstar system. I need little programming help and thought I would tap into the forum to seek out advice.

Phones are T7316e. I have 5 lines & 20 extensions.

1st issue:

I cannot get the external paging to work. Followed the Modular ICS 7.0 Installer Guide to the letter and cannot hear anything. I can hear the ICS unit making a clicking noise, but that’s it. Internal intercom paging works great!

2nd issue:

Caller ID only shows up when you pick up the receiver. Caller ID does not appear when phone is ringing. Have set each phone/set (through TELCO FEATURES) to “Y” in order to receive caller ID, but it does not work when phones are ringing.

3rd issue:

I need to restrict all phones (with the exception of the owner and secretary) so long distance calls cannot be placed. I know this is done by filters and COS, but I need step by step instructions here.

4th issue:

I only need a few phones to ring. How can I apply a system wide silence, and then program only the phones I need to ring?

5th issue:

I need help on re-locating default button assignments. I have 5 lines and need to re-locate the buttons on the left side of the T7316e. How do I move these buttons (specifically the Paging button)?

FYI, I have all manuals for this system.

I am very familiar with the older Nortel Meridian/Norstar systems, but this new stuff is eating my lunch…!!!

I will also be ordering the programming CD software for this system tomorrow morning, so I hope this will make programming easier for me instead of using the phone template and buttons.

Any advice or help appreciated.

Thanks
Charles

#1 You are positive you are on the right pair ? If you hook a buzzer to that pair, you hear the intercom ?

#2 This usually is a complaint on 3x8 systems. On MICS/CICS, that should work as soon as you configured the sets the way you did. Only note we can't have caller ID on a set set to only display the line w/o ringing.

#3 I'll let other help on this one, I always end up swearing a lot when configuring restrictions, since I never remember exactly how to do it and what have priorities.

#4 Once a set is programmed when entering line configuration you have the option to copy that part of the config to other sets.

#5 Line move : F*81, but there might be some limitations on line move on the 7316/7316E, not sure about this.

Hope I could give a start...

MontrealSoft.com

#1 Put your wire to the PAGE pair BLACK/SLATE. Not External Page port!

#2 Caller ID shows up on the second ring. If you have AA answering the calls first Change the line rings to 2.

If you have the phones ring first it should come up after changing TERMINALS/SETS > TELCO FEATURES > Called ID > Y

#3 you put restrictions to filters and filters to sets.In programming TEMINALS&SETS> RESTRICTIONS> Filter>

filter 02 restriction 01: 1* Overrides 001:1714(local)
restriction 02: 011*
restriction 03: 976
for more info look on your 7.0 CD pages 162-166

Try puting filter 01 to a set it is preset to block long disance calls according to this chart.

#5 FEATURE *3 programs features to buttons

Dave

Thanks guys...!!!

The info you all provided will give me a start in the right direction :)

Charles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back