Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS 7.0 PRI Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

robnkauai

Technical User
Oct 11, 2006
US
All:

Caller ID seems to work, but only after you answer the line. You can wait until the 4th ring and still it shows "line 001". Once you pick it up the id of the caller will show.

is there anything I can do to have the Caller ID show as the phone is ringing... It happens at the operator and when you dial a DID...

anyone? Bueller?

Under Telco Features - Feature assignment you must allow CLID on each line for each extension. Then you'll automatically see the caller ID displayed. Also check to see if your first display is name or number and set to your preference.

Brian Cox

Brian - thanks for the response.

I can get CLID working on all stations with a DID that I have target line pointed to, but I can't get it working at the receptionist desk. all calls on the PRI that are not pointed to a target line / DID go directly to our receptionist and this is where I'm having the problem.

thoughts?

Just program the other(unused) target lines at the receptionist telco features

If you want the recept to answer unprogramed numbers that ring thru the I/C button you would have to program them as target lines and assign them as ring only then you can go to telco and make them CLID for that set or you can just take the main set off of being the prime set for the trunks.Then the unprogramed numbers wont ring on that phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back