Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS 6.1 rebooting 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsaad

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2002
US
I have a MICS 6.1 that is rebooting randomly. System is on a new UPS.

Could it be the NVRAM or something else? 5 tels, 5 trunks.

First thing I would check is to call into every trunk and test the ring voltage & current. If it is to high that could cause a reboot and eventually shut the system down.

Interesting, the service is via the cable company (Cablevision) using a Motorola modem. Trunks are CI trunks. Last week I did a startup and reprogrammed. It was ok for a week.

What are the Alarms and Events stating?

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

I have a bunch of EVT 285 and EVT 298. Each time the system restarts (System Startup). Phones will flash. A reboot clears the problem for a week. A startup and reprogram has been done as well.

Silver had same issue

I am betting software card.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

I replaced the pcmcia card and it seems to be better. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back