Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS 6.1 CLID Display Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

squiggy54

Vendor
Mar 12, 2008
US
I'm having a huge problem getting an MICS running 6.1 XC with a CLID card to display anything but "line 00X" on incoming calls. This occurs at the prime set, and any other set even after entering f811. Waiting for 2nd or subsequent rings has no effect. Yes, I have checked and changed the programming option for 1st display from line to name to number and back again but all that ever appears is "line 00X". I have also put a stand alone CLID phone in line just prior to the MICS connection and I get full caller ID on that set so I know the service is active and working from the phone company.

The line needs to be assigned to the phone and in telco under that set assign CLID to that line.

Both assignments already programmed... no effect. Prime phone and all others only show "line 00X", even with f811 pressed.

I don't mean to insult your intelligence but are you sure you have Caller ID trunk cards?

Make sure under Terminals and Sets...Telco...Caller ID set for lines .... Called ID is also yes

You need to check to see if you are receiving the CLID from the telco. If they are analog trunks, connect a plain old CLID box to the line and see if you are getting the information.

Also, when answering a line (after the 2nd ring), the display will ALWAYS show the CLID information before the line number by default as long as the information is received from the telco vendor. Another way to tell if you are getting anything is to connect a test set to the line and listen to see if you hear a "data burst", if not then no CLID...

Plus, what kind of system and cards are installed?

He said he's wired a 2500set w caller id to the co, and it works. I guess it's not the Telco this time.

Do you have other LS/DS cards on the system? If so, are you sure you've got the CI card in the right slot, corresponding to the CO's you've programmed?

I have a DS card in slot 4 (far right) and the CLID card next to it in slot 3. There are 3 incoming lines and 23 extensions in use plus the voicemail, Star Talk Flash in a Mini cabinet. The system was donated from an old school to the police department, so it's kind of like having an 18 wheeler deliver a dozen eggs - serious overkill. Also, FYI, I have much more experience working with Avaya Partner systems so if this is a bonehead configuration I apologize. Your help is greatly appreciated!

I'm glad it was a simple fix. Let us know if you have any trouble with programming.

Don't feel bad, though. On a CICS, the card to line assignment is reversed. Leftmost card=Lines 1-4.

I haven't gotten to the customer to apply the fix (switch the cards), but I'm feeling good about this one. I'll post the results upon completion... Thanks

All; thanks for your help and suggestions on this one. RikRodgers and oneofthegirls hit it right on the head... wrong slots. As soon as I reversed the two cards and the system came back up, bingo. It was set to show name first so I reset it to number and covered all the lines. After spending weeks with a supplier and swapping out cards and even the MICS cabinet, it's was a great experience using this forum to fix it in a couple of days.
THANKS AGAIN!
squiggy54

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back