Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS 6.0 - Redirecting calls to another location

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoePhoneGuy

Programmer
Nov 4, 2005
US
My new customer has a MICS 6.0 and CP with a small call center (6 to 8 agents). At night, the 800-number sales calls automatically redirect to a remote third party call center. My customer would like to redirect sales calls to that same remote site during the day, as an overflow. No problem, except currently they have only POTS lines and to redirect the call, it takes two lines (1 in, 1 out). IF we install a T1 or PRI, how can we release the call from the original location altogether? Is the MICS 6.0 "smart enough" to handle releasing the line at the network level? How's it done?

Hopefully, I'm making sense here... :~/

If you have call center software it will do this for you. If you are using the phone system to ring several phones and treating it like a call center without the ACD equipment then set up a telephone set to permanately forward to the outside call center. then set up a ring group to be activated by a control phone (supervisors) to go into night service for a ring group that only consists of the control phone and the forwarded phone for the lines that you have for the call center.

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

My question has more to do with how to redirect calls without using TWO lines to do it. I am redirecting them now...just not efficiently.

The easiest way is to get call forwarding on the main listed number for the call center. then forward the line. this will work during the night but not during the day.

alaternative is to set up each line with call transfer and use the "link" feature in the forwarding string to flash the line and transfer the call.

or la mix of both

JerryReeve
com-sys.com

The link feature may work best for POTS lines. Forgot about that one. (Still trying to forget about centrex features.)

Thanks.

You may not need to get them on centrex, SBC uses a "Feature link" package that includes 3way and transfer, talk to your local telco.

JerryReeve
com-sys.com

This particular customer is in Alltel-land . . . they do things a little different.
1004.gif

I am not suprised they are different but the features will probably still be there somewhere just under a different name.

JerryReeve
com-sys.com

The answer is NO, even if you able to get them the "Feature link" package that includes 3way and transfer you can not program the Norstar process the Flash Hook by it self. You can build routes to process the transfer but it will still use two lines.

On the way home, I was wondering that very thing. I wonder if the Norstar (or CP) can perorm a flash-hook transfer? ARGH!!!

Interesting, the book says you can use feature 71 in the dialing string of a route table but my MICS will not let me program it in.

You should be able to forward a phone to a destination code and then have the route table link (f71) and dial a number. That was where my thinking was going.

My apologies for not getting you there.

JerryReeve
com-sys.com

Thanks for checking...
Hopefully the customer hasn't ordered the feature yet.

JoePhoneguy- you can do the link (flash) xfer with the Call pilot. I dont know if that helps in your orignal question, but you asked about the CP after that.

I don’t want to mislead you though, as it is done by pressing an option in the CCR, not automatically. For your scenario I would probably just recommend call forwarding from the CO, as J.R. already suggested.

Yes! Doing the link (flash) with the CP is EXACTLY what I would be doing. Great news! So, could you tell me more, or is it pretty self-evident once I'm there? As is, I'm already sending the caller to the remote site if they press '1'. But how do I insert tbe Feature 71 into that string? Or, do I have to setup a route?

TIA!

I thought you said you needed to do this only for overflow, not as an option or choice in a CCR?

If you are going to do that, then just fwd the calls when they can not handle it anymore, and un foward it when they can...

Same old story, the longer it goes on, the more options the customer wants. But what is most important is: at night when the customer calls and presses '1', I would like to do a flash transfer to a remote location on a POTS line. I am trying to figure out how to flash the line in the CallPilot in CCR.

In the CP to do a link xfer:
When you program the number put a # in front of the dial string (#555-1234.) The CP sees this as a link. This is all covered extensively in the CP I&M manual if you have access to it.

Thanks!!! You mean I shoulda read the manual?! ;~)
I'll be combing back through it this weekend...you can betcha! Thanks again!

Argh! Not working. It just flashes, then I hear the CCR tree start over. I'll read thru the manual and hit it again Monday a.m..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back