Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS 5, NAM 4.04c, PRI... problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aasun

IS-IT--Management
Mar 6, 2002
US
i've read numerous posts about inconsistent performance with outbound call forwarding from vmail with this set up. i've read that the 4.04e software update fixes this (?). though, i don't really have full confidence in what i need to do. my hardware provider doesn't have the answer.. and has been telling me that they can't get the upgrade. (is that possible?)

i purchased a backpack cdrom drive off of ebay.. how can i get the software upgrade? do i also need a software key?

my vendor tells me that they can do the upgrade if i take out my hard drive and take it to them for a day!?.. it will cost $800 and they can't guarantee that i won't lose some or all of my data/setup/messages!? this can't be my only option, can it?

thanks for any information.

RUN, RUN AWAY,,QUICK!!!
First off it dosn't cost to upgrade from 4.04c to 4.04e. it dosn't even cost to move up to 4.1 ( no key codes needed ) when you do upgrade there is no loss of memory. It sounds like you need to shop for a new vendor...
keep in mind what ever vendor you do go with, probably will charge labor to upgrade. Maybe even a SMALL fee for the software. NOT $800. dollars worth...

Where can I obtain the 4.0.04e or 4.1 update? My system vendor is no longer in business, and I don't know where he purchased the equipment from.

Its much better if you will change your system to Ericsson MD110. This system is easy to fix if you have a fault. So many experts around to help. //patcher

cb,
There has got to be a Nortel authorized dealer in your area. Nortel is the world's biggest (will I start a thread fight here??) telephone equipment supplier. Even a good talented non authorized dealer will be able to help. Unless, of course, you are in a really rural area. Then your local Telco may be able to help.

PhM

ok. my vendor says he can't get/find the software update cd. is it hard to get for a vendor? why is this so difficult?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back