Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mics 4.1 software

Status
Not open for further replies.

enet

IS-IT--Management
Jul 11, 2002
US
Hi,
I have the regular 4.1 for the MICS.

Does this version of the software permit expansion for a 0x16 station module in addition to a 12x0 trunk module?

MICS recognizes the 12x0.

MICS won't recognize the 0x16, just blinks. Is it the software or probably the hardware?

Hi,

The regular MICS 4.1 can have up to 6 modules installed in any combination of trunk and station modules...

There are some rules you have to follow, check them and tell us if it works:

- The fiber expansion cartridge (2 or 6 ports) must me installed on slot 2.

- The copper expansion cartridge (2 or 6 ports) must me installed on slot 1.

- If you have a 2 port expansion cartridge, ports 3 and 4 can be used for Trunk Modules or Station Modules. In this case, connect Trunk Modules beginning at the top (port 4); Connect Station Modules beginning at the bottom (port 3).

- If you have a 6 port expansion cartridge, ports 3 through 8 can be used for Trunk Modules or Station Modules. In this case, Trunk Modules should be connected beginning at the top (port 8) and working down; Station Modules should be connected beginning at the bottom (port 3) and working up.

Hope this help
---------------
Lumute
Email: lumute@adv-solution.net
Yahoo Messenger: Lumute
MSN Messenger: gonzaloparra@telcel.net.ve

Is it the 0x16 light that blinks?
Plug it into port 3 of the expansion card and see if it shows up in maintenance under module status.
A blinking light is a bad sign and would most likely mean a defective 0X16.
Try also to see if the port 3 is disabled and if so re-enable or even disable it then re enable it for the hell of it.
GL
~Will Nortel soon be NoTel??~

Thanks all. The 0x16 was defective and once replaced the system works OK.

Nortel (Notel)is at a low price yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back