Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS 4.0 M7324 LINE 6 TO KEEP RINGING WHILE ON NIGHT RING.

Status
Not open for further replies.

llameliall

Vendor
Jan 11, 2012
US
I am trying to adjust one of the lines to continue ringing while the other 5 lines go to VM while on night ring.

I got it to work but it only rings 4x then goes to VM.

Anyone have a solution???

Thanks!

Thats because whom ever the line rings at has their phone forward to vmail at 4 rings.

Try Hunt Groups, they ignore that setting:

De-program line from any phone
Create Hunt Group
Add Members as need
Assign HG key to required sets.
Select Broadcast
Queue Time out MAX setting

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Would I only add the line I want to continue ringing to this hunt group?

Is there a way to change the amount of rings before it forwards, on that line?

It doesn't seem to be working :/ Is there a way to just adjust the number of rings without adding the line to a hunt group. Management doesnt think thats the correct way to do it, and insists there has to be a way to change the # of rings on that line.

Please help!

Thank you! Ive came across another problem. I am setting up the night ring, and I am trying to have lines 1-5 ring a few times before being answered by VM, I got it to do it once, but it must have been accidentally because now I cant seem to do it,

Help please!

If it does not work you are doing something wrong.

Here is an old trick as well.

-Remove/change all Forward No Answers and Forward Busy to NONE on ALL sets
-Change DRT to Prime =Y
-Change DRT timer to 4
-Change Transfer Call back to a high count like 10 or 12.
-Change (under each line) Prime set to XXX, XXX= vmails DN, do F985 to find out what it is.
-For the line you want to ring forever change the Prime set to = None
Program your special line to desired sets.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Thank you, I will give it a try. One more thing, when setting up night ring, I'm having trouble with the 'ring group' im not sure which DN's should be assigned? Only VM DN?

Assign the DN that you want to ring, if voice mail then use voice mails DN.

Note caller ID does not work with Night Service because it answers before the ID is sent from the Telco (between first and 2nd ring)

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

When I go to check the Vm DN with F985 it whows 252, how do I change it to say 267?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back