Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS 012 module trunk number 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

1ded

Technical User
May 6, 2002
US
I am trying to add the 9th & 10th line to a MICS with fiber expansion to 012 module. I have looked at the FAQ section at the pin out but that was not clear to me as to what line number and what pin the lines were on in the first trunk card in the 1st 012 module, (2 port fiber expansion card) Thought it was 049 & 050 but didn't get dial tone after connect and program. I have read most threads in this forum and say thanks to all that have been so helpful.
Thanks

enter programing go into Maintence and check the port you are connecting your lines to it will tell you the line number

If you are connected to the top fiber port the port numbers start at 401 and of you are connected the the bottom fiber port they star at 301

now the mothod: Enter programing press next to maintence press next to Port/DN status press show enter port your connected to (401-301) the display will show line Number.

Hope this helps Good Luck

Your 12x0 trunk mod should be connected to the top port of the 2-port expansion. Your first trunk card will go in the left slot of the 12x0. The first 2 pairs of the cable going to the 12x0 will be lines 049 and 050. Assign these lines to your phones. If you still have no dial tone check that the amphenol connected to the 12x0 is securely fastened.

Brian Cox

Thanks guys for your help both of you led me to my resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back