Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microtest NextScanner 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 14, 2003
US
I have a Microtest NextScanner Model 8050-00. I know it's an antique in todays world but hate to give it up. I am looking for a flash upgrade, I am currently at version 2.02. Any info is appreciated.

I have checked with Fluke support, to no avail. This model was prior to their aquisition. My best bet at this point is to find someone with this scanner and get a copy of their flash.

I also have a Microtest NextScanner Model 8050-00. What I need to know is the type of plug-in transformer needed for it. Anyone know?

The spec's call for 9 VDC @ 1 amp. The polarity is positive center. I found that 11 VDC @ 350 mA and it works just fine, don't be afraid to use something reasonably close. But remember, Positive Center Polarity.

By the way, when you get it charged,let me know what flash version are you running.

Hi,
I hope that you can help me.
I'm looking for a manual of the Microtest MT350 scanner (model 8050-01I , Partnr. 2935-4004-01, serialnr. 35092KB0033).
The easies way is by electronics, but I also love a dirty copied manual (if I can read them).
Best Regards,
--------------------
Groet: WiBoLT

Anyone has a NextScanner 3050-00 manual to share, or can at least tell me how to test twisted pair cables? I only used it once ages ago for coax cabling.

Thanks in advance
Thomas

That's easy, (I assume you have all the components).
Connect the Super Injector into the far end (use a patch cable if testing per-wired jacks). Connect the NextScanner into the near end, turn it on, set the scanner to 10BaseT by selecting Network Setup and then the 10BaseT button. Press Auto, wait for results. It will give you a Pass/Fail, you can then use the arrows to step thru each test.

So need to eBay a SuperInjector :-(

Thanks anyway for your prompt response.

Has nayone come up with a manual for the 8050-00 set yet? Also anyone know the use for the serial/data cable that comes with it? My guess is to use Microtest's software to either program the scanner or to dump info to the PC. Also since the injector isn't used for the coaxial - is just a terminator needed at the far end of a coaxial for test? I want to use a BNC to F connector and use the scanner for testing video lines as well.

Other than the AC adapter, scanner, injector, data cable and jumper - what else normally comes in the 8050-00 case?

Russ Blakeman
Owner/Technician
RB Custom Services

I receieved my MT340/Super Injector combomarked as an 8050-00 MT340 set - the battery was dead in the 340 but seems to be taking a charge and functionally seems to be ok. On power up the ROM version is 2.02 and the Flash version is 2.10a. I got a serial cable and short cat5 jumper with it besides the case, MTY340 and Super Injector.

I'm guessing that some software can be used with this? Which/what?? If I want to print do I connect a serial printer to the serial adapter cable of the 340?

Would love some resources for this, it seems like a very useful tool - manuals (print or pdf), software (copies or links to downloads), firmware updates, etc all appreciated. Email me direct at rhb57 at alltel.net if you can help and want to do it off forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back