Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

!!! Microsoft Word crashes system..!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi all,

I am using Win2k pro workstation patched with SP2. Whenever I run MS Word, after a short while, it would crash my system and show the Blue Screen of Death.

Below are the error messages:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*** Stop: 0x0000001E 0xC0000005,0xA00D7DED,0x00000000,0x00000BC5)
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
**** Address A00D7DED base at A0000000, Datestamp 3AA010B4 - win32k.sys
Physical memory dump complete. Contact your system administrator or technical support group.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had patched my office 2000 with SP2 also, set my paging size to be 250MB(I have 128Mb RAM).

I am using DELL Latitude 400 Laptop.

Any advice from anyone please..?

Regards,
Ant.

Have you installed any new hardware drivers lately? I was having a similiar problem and couldn't for the life of me figure it out .. I started rebuilding the Win2K machine and stopped after each step to see where the problem was. I figured out that it was a Xerox Printer driver which was crashing my Word 2000. It wouldn't crash until I went to print a document if the Printer the bad driver was acting on wasn't the default. If the printer had been the default, the program would crash within 20 seconds after the program launched .. I have heard of a lot of crazier things happening

Hi Skent,

There could be a possibility there.
I am using a Xerox over here also.

Right now, my laptop is running fine. *touchwood*

Thanx.

Ant.

Antonio,
We are having the same problem with a Dell Lattitude at my office. Has your problem been resolved? I noticed that your last post was in August of last year.

Thanks,
Cisco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back