Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Word 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweet0715

Technical User
Jun 2, 2011
US
I am trying to do a company letter head and fax cover sheet, I need to put our company logo on it, is there a way to insert a pdf file into word. If not, what file types can I use?

You can insert a wide variety or files into Word. Open the document and select "Insert" and then "Object." You should see 2 tabs, "Create New" and "Create From File." The types you can insert are listed under 'Create New' but if you already have a file pick 'Create From File' and browse to the file and click 'Insert.'

You may have to play with the sizing and positioning to get it right. Positioning can be ummm... interesting.

If the logo is a .jpg (or several other types) you can use 'Insert' 'Picture' 'From File' instead.

When I try to insert a jgp or pdf a box pops up and says Convert file. Convert file from: then gives a list of things. HELP!!

Hmmm... it works for me... both ways. I am using a later version of Word, but I have been doing this sort of thing through many versions.

Do you have the standard References loaded, such as Word Object Library? (I would not think you need this, but maybe...)

Although you can insert a one-page PDF ito Word as a displayed object, I'd recommend against doing so. You'll will find the resolution quite poor. Insert a hi-res copy of the logo from a graphics-format file instead.

Cheers
Paul Edstein
[MS MVP - Word]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back