Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft windows network missing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray79

Technical User
Jun 21, 2004
ZA
Can someone please help me asap!

I have a laptop on my domain running XP Pro and logging in as the Domain Administrator, When i go to My Network Places, i dont see Microsoft Windows Network anywhere, only Terminal Services and Web Client Network.

Uninstalled the Netwrok card drivers etc, no change!

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Regards
Ray

Hi Ray

Did you manage to sort this problem out as I have the same problem and cannot find an answer

Jacqui

Hi Jacqui

I did manage to sort the problem out, i was about to reload the pc when i thought i would try re-install the service pack 1 again, and that sorted it out.

So just re-install your service packs, i'm sure it will work.

Let me know if you get it right or not.

Regards
Raymond

Thanks for responding Ray.

No this didsn't work the Windows Networking Icon is still missing

Jacqui

sounds like your problem is worse than mine then.

Have you tried to do a repair on your windows install?

Hi Jax

Just read up on what all you have done, surely a complete new install would have fixed the problem, but hey, Old Billy Gates still has some serious issues hey ;o)

Maybe its hardware, have you tried another network card or maybe even a different PCi slot?....a person never knows anymore hey.

Please do me a favour and let me know if you get it right.

Later

Hi Ray

I sorted it by installing W2K instead

Thanks for your help

Jacqui

Hi Jax

Glad you came right, amazing how sometimes things work so smoothly and other times they just dont wanna know anything.

Mind me asking where you from {a/s/l}?
Sorry, just curious
;o)

Hi Ray

No not at all. I often wonder who and what all these other people are and do.

I'm from Kent, England, 42, female and work as an IT Manager for a civil engineering company.

Worked as an accountant for many year, preferred IT so went and got myself a degree in SE. Spent a short time at the London Stock Exchange and then found my present role, which I adore.

How about you

Jacqui

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back