Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft VPN Passthrough Firebox X700 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

roblay22

IS-IT--Management
Aug 11, 2004
GB
I have a Firebox X700 as my security appliance on one of my customers networks. in the face of some management opposition, mainly to installing MUVPN client software on machines they want to use the standard windows PPTP client and pass the VPN tunnel through the firebox to terminate on a Windows Server 2003 box running routing and remote access. I have the server configured fine, I can connect and run a VPN to it with no hassle at all. The problem I'm having is with passing it through the X700 with NAT. They have Private IP addressing inside the network and are using the X700 to perform NAT. I need some advice on how to pass the VPN traffic through the X700, I'm having trouble getting the NAT configuration I think. Any ideas would be really helpful. Many thanks in advance.

here is what you need to do. take a unused external ip address

go to NAT advanced..1-1 nat and add a new entry on the external interface
the NAT base is the external IP and the real base IP is the internal WIN2003 server

now

create a new PPTP policy that allows traffic to both the external IP and the internatl IP of the WIN2003 box

save your config and then point the PPTP clients at the external IP..

let me know

Thanks for the help, I've done what you suggested and my clients can now connect through their VPN's. Many Thanks for your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back