Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft SourceSafe 6.0 Type Library

Status
Not open for further replies.

inexperienced1

IS-IT--Management
Aug 9, 2002
US
I am trying to code some Source safe functionality into vb.

I have connected to vss ect, but when trying to check out a file I get a message syaing the file already exists.

I am guessing that some key needs setting, but they seems to be no help avaiable within VB.

Does anyone have any help files for his type Library, or any advice on using .checkout

I have solved to cding issue, although some help files would still prove useful.

I now have another problem in theat I am tying to delete files from source safe using the type library.

Please note that the user does not have destroy rights

I am unable to find a .delete or .remove anywhere, can anyone shed some light on this for me please?

Have you looked in the Source Safe Documentation of MSDN?

Using that for what different options you have and using theobject browser to find what the Actutal function names and parameters are might help.

-Sean

First port of call, but this does not have anything about the type library functions.

Using the Object Browser I looked at the SourceSafeTypeLib and in the VSSItem Class there is a Deleted Property and a Destroy function.

You may need to have your application login to VSS with a different Login and Password to get Destroy rights if you want that. Otherwise I'd just suggest settting the Deleted Property.

-Sean

Maybe it was me just being stupid as I was aware of the .deleted but didn't twig that I could change the setting.

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back