Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubarooni

Technical User
May 13, 2001
US
I have 5 users who have their mail delivered to their 'Mailbox - UserName' folder on the server instead of their pst file. I have done this so they can open each others calendars. I have setup autoachiving on these mailboxes to conserve HD space on the server.
Since I have did this they are getting message boxes pop up that read:

"The custom form could not be opened. Outlook will use an Outlook form instead. The object could not be found."

When you click the 'OK' button on this message an email opens with the following output:

From:Microsoft Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector(ServerName)
To:FreeNBusy
Subject:schdata

MENCO10000030711$%400( ( $ T<<> &< 9 &)XTMX R5#48GC2W@#)4-4! L
M & # @ %X 8GC2W@#)4-1#0U< !, &quot;P
M $U3.E=&quot;2$-0+T-/4E!/4D%412]< (DR9 & 1(D )($ $ / !&quot; $ $
M P <# /P!_!___P, _P#P!P&quot; ?0#C!P!\ S_\#P, #P , ,,4P!\ #_________#P#_ ?\!

FreeNBusy is the name of the Distribution List I created for the Free/Busy connector. If anyone has seen this and can give me a heads up on resolving it I'd be mighty grateful.

Thanks in advance.

We are experiencing the same problem, with a twist. It seems that when ever anyone in the company accesses the free busy list the same e-mail you are speaking of gets sent out company wide. Our users are getting 50 to 100 of these a day.

If you have found a resolution or could point me to some help I'd be greatfull.

Thanks,
Chris Martin

Hi Chris,

I'll bet that all of your users have their mail delivered to their server mailbox. These are the only users I have who experience (STILL!!!) this problem. Users whose mail is delivered to their .pst file don't receive this encrypted message. Anyway, I have searched hi and low for an answer to this annoyance but have thus far found no solution. I am still hopeful of finding something to fix this though. If I find anything that works I will post it.
Good luck.

Kelly

Do you have a mix of MS Mail and Exchange 5.5 users or have you recently removed a server from your site? I had this happening a while back and I think what I did was shutdown the MS Schedule+ Free/Busy service. We had had MS Mail users, but don't anymore. None of my users have mail delivered to a .pst and calendars are shared though out our organization. Check for a recipient object called Microsoft Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector(server name). I have one that was connecting to an old server that is still part of my site, but not used. I hope this helps steer you in the right direction.

Hey JWilliams,

Now that is an interesting post! My Exchange Server is a replacement for a MS Mail postoffice that is located on another machine here in the office. Could that be the source of these mysterious messages?

Thanks,
Kelly

Quite possibly. MS Mail was gone when I took over, but the connectors and such were still around. The MS Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector is so that MS Mail and Exchange users can share calendar information. If all of your users are on Exchange now, you can shut off that service. Some users with Personal Address Books setup may need to recreate some entries, but other than that, it shouldn't cause a problem.
If you still need both, then I'm afraid I can't be of much help, try looking at support.microsoft.com.

Hope this helps,
Jessica

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back