Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft RT2300 Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

kikat

Technical User
Nov 16, 2002
A friend of mine recently built me a PC in a barebones Shuttle case. It is awesome but the only problem is I cannot find the driver for my keyboard.

Right now I am using a Saitek keyboard which was plug and play with no problems.

The Microsoft keyboard I prefer simply because the design is comfortable for me. I had to buy a PS/2 Port to USB 2.0 Adapter to connect the Microsoft keyboard but it does not respond.

I have looked everywhere for a driver to no avail. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

kikat,
Have a look in the bios to see if the PS/2 port is enabled.

Thank you for your response. The Shuttle case does not have PS/2 ports, only USB. I purchased the PS/2 Port to USB 2.0 Adapter for this reason.

My experience in the past was trying to get a serial mouse to work w/S/2 or USB or vice-versa. Also trying to get a modern keyboard to work w/ pre-PS/2 PCs. I only had success using adapters that came with the hardware. I would look for a keyboard that comes with a USB adapter or try every adapter you can find.

Tony

I purchased a PS/2 Port to USB 2.0. It says when I boot up it does not recognize the keyboard. Once I plug in the Saitek keyboard I press F1 and I am good to go.

Thank you for your feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back