Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Photo Editor has encountered a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdeans

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2000
CA
Windows XP Pro with SP2 and Office 97. When trying to print from Photo Editor, it comes up with the aggravating error "Microsoft Photo Editor has encountered a problem and needs to close". I can find many instances of this error on forums and chat areas but no solutions. Does anyone have any ideas? I have uninstalled and reinstalled, deleted, used my best technical swear words and nothing seems to help. Upgrading is not an option. Microsoft is no help.
Incidentally, it will print from the printer icon but that is no good if you have to select a different printer or set some other print preferences.

kdeans,

You have been a member for quite some time.
I also get this type of error for other things.
Could you share your dictionary of "best technical swear words"

Really, What version of Photo Editor are you using?
When you say "Upgrading is not an option" are you refering to Office '97 or Photo Editor or both.
Do you require OLE support?

Photo Editor is an older app that has been replaced & I don't think MS is still offering active support for it.
Before you scrap it, have you tried the XP "compatibility" snap-in for this application

Use Compatibiliy Mode

If this does not help keep account of additional errors, messages, etc. and post back for other options.

Hope This Helps

rvnguy
"I know everything..I just can't remember it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back