Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Outlook 2003 Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakatz

IS-IT--Management
Feb 11, 2005
US
The client receives email messages from employees and clients who email him from their respective cellular devices -- since these cellular devices only transmits the email address of the device in the form of a cellular number (i.e. 2125551234@vtext.com), and the "from field" from the inbox view shows just that and he has to manually match it up (or search for that email address), to a contact card in his contacts (note: he does store the "cellular devices email address" in his contact cards along with the persons name, etc.) -- he would like to use "field chooser" to add the "Email Display As" field to the inbox view. Only problem is that when he does this -- even though the email address is valid in a contact card -- the "Email Display As" field remains blank in the inbox view.

Any suggestions? Any help would certainly be appreciated as I cannot seem to find anything relating to this on TechNet. I cannot believe that someone hasn't already tried to do this or/and solved this.

My company is beginning to migrate from Office 2003 to Office 2007. Since 2003 licenses were not available, 2007 licenses were purchased and used for the 2003 installs. Can we install 2007 and use the same licenses, or will they be permanantly 2003?
Thanks for the help!

Outlook 2003 are good for 2003. You need Outlook 2007 licenses in order to use that version.

Pat Richard MVP

But if you buy the license for 2007 and downgrade to 2003 (you provide the media), you should be able to re-install 2007 after uninistalling the 2003 machine. You cannot however use the 2007 license to set up some other machine... That would put you soooo out of compliance that Bill Gates would come out of retirement to getcha.... (just kidding)
But you would be out of compliance and that could get costly.

cckens

"Not always my best shot, but I hit the target now and then"
-me

thanks for the answers!

I didn't mean to post this twice, sorry for the repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back