Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Outlook 2002 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhascup

Programmer
May 8, 2001
US
I keep recieving this error when doing a send/receive:
Task '192.168.1.2 - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts. The server responded: -ERR Invalid user or password'

Also, when doing a Test Account Settings the following for are completed:
Establish Network Connection
Find outgoing mail server(SMTP)
Find incoming mail server(POP3)
Send test email.

The following fails:
Log onto incoming mail server (POP3)
with this error message:

Task '192.168.1.2 - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts. The server responded: -ERR Invalid user or password'

I have checked user name and password. I cannot seem to find anything wrong. I can send, but not receive.

Thanks
David

If you have checked your username and password, it sounds like your SMTP server is incorrect. Verify that you have the right SMTP server if not change to correct one and try again.

I have the correct SMTP server. What we have Outlook doing is calling the AS400 and bringing the mail in and out. I can send the email, not receive it. It keeps prompting for the password. The password is correct.

Outlook stores the profile information in the registry at
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider\"email name"\Data

Run Regedit
Edit Find
Type in: Protected Storage System Provider (Find Now)
Delete the Key

Go into Outlook remove the account and reput it in.

Outlook DOES have problems.....

Jim

I appreciate the advice in the previous post. I tried the steps of editing the registry. Regedit would not allow me to delete the delete the key:
Error Deleting Key
Cannot delete Protected Storatge System Provider:
Error while deleting key.
Does anyone have additional advice on how to get past the Test Account Setting problem?
--Jim Dalley
dalleyjl@yahoo.com
937-429-9571

Hello, I have run into similar problems in my domain, and at home. The easiest way I have found to fix it, is to just delete the account off your outlook and go through the configuration of setting up the account again.
Ensure that the "my server requires authentication" is checked or unchecked, depending on what your server needs.
I have seen the exact same thing happen. Can send mail, but not receive, and generally, it was a "bad" password, although it worked fine 30 seconds before. MS glitch?, whatever. Hope this helps.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back