Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft outlook 2000 prompting for username, domain, and password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasona45

Technical User
May 15, 2003
US
I have a windows 2000 server running exchange 2000 server and windows professional clients sometimes users at remote facilitys are prompted to enter there username, domain, and password when starting outlook 2000.

I didn't read all of the responses, so maybe someone has already mentioned this. I had a similar problem when I installed a blackberry device. Try this: Rclick Outlook icon/properties. make sure microsoft exch server is highlighted then click the properties button. click the 'advanced tab'. in the "logon network security" box, select "NT Password Authentication". I've used this fix quite often.

good luck

This problem is caused by RPC connection through named pipes. To resolve this issue you have to change the RPC binding order.

EDIT REGISTRY
1. Remove ncacn_np from the following key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\EXCHANGE\EXCHANGE PROVIDER "RPC_BINDING_ORDER"

2. Mak sure that the registry key contains the following information:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\rpc\ClientProtocols
"ncacn_np"="rpcrt4.dll"
"ncacn_ip_tcp"="rpcrt4.dll"
"ncadg_ip_udp"="rpcrt4.dll"
"ncacn_http"="rpcrt4.dll"

Microsoft article: 326036

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back