Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] '(unknown)' 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOG61

Technical User
Sep 18, 2005
GB
I have been experiencing a lot of difficulties following a series of Blue Screen shut downs while on Web pages, I had to reload my PC (Windows XP) and other Software (Access 2007). On visiting my Website I was unable to link to any pages, and on investigation found that I had to relocate all my pages to a new position. I have eventually got all pages opening OK but when I go to a page with a Database and search for Members lists I get a message

Database Results Error
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] '(unknown)' is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides

I have tried to find new Drivers for Access but am only advised that I need to buy a tool to find faults and repair drivers, and advice would be appreciated

SOG61

That error is usually returned when your web application cannot locate the mdb file using the path you specified. Find that in your code, and then make sure you can access the mdb on the server your web app is running on with the path in your code.

Hi vbajock

Thanks for your response

Unfortunately I only understand basic computer language, having taken over this website 7 years ago. When I transferred my site to 1&1 I had a few problems of a similar nature with the Database ams after a lot of messages to anf fro with your programmer xwb we evenyuallt got it up and running. Following the recent problems with my PC I had to redirect all pages via FileZilla, and I currently have most pages loaded in at least three places, the Access database that is being sought is now loaded in at least six different places without any luck. I have followed your suggestion and loaded it again in another two places but cannot decipher where it should be, Apologies for my ignorance, hence my tag (Senile Old Git)
SOG61

When I had this problem 6 years ago it was finally solved by changing the global.asa file and reloading it. I have just done that and now get a different message

Database Results Error
The database connection named 'oldboys2.mdb' is undefined.

This problem can occur if:
* the connection has been removed from the web
* the file 'global.asa' is missing or contains errors
* the root folder does not have Scripting permissions enabled
* the web is not marked as an Application Root

SOG61

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back