Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft MCAD for .NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfrost10

Programmer
Jun 3, 2001
CA
Hey guys, just a heads up that Microsoft will soon be releasing a new certification specifically for .NET developers. For those of us in the web-application realm, the exams required revolve around either asp.net using vb.net or c#, an exam on creating xml web services, and one elective. Also, all the exams count towards the MCSD certification. Here's the link if you want more info

Jack

thx for the information jack :)... are you gonna take it?

heh, well I was until I saw what the vb and c# exams test on.
;)

Gonna need a bit of study time I think before I tackle them. But I'll definately be going for it for sure...maybe aim for taking the exams in the summer. u?

Jack

so do iiiiii :)... well... we could share some good website for learning purpose if you don't mind ^0^

but i don't know when i'll take it :) i haven't decided it yet :)

I will take the C# test ones once that they are out offically in May/June(and the XML test will be out in August). Then the .net MCSD tests will be out Jan 03-- you have both the C# or VB.net web development and application development and then the XML web services with C# and VB.net with the new Arch. Solutions test for the .net platform

Hey guys....1st time in Tek-Tips - been on training course today and guy told me about it, and interested in joining the discussion.

I was made redundant from IT training company last month, and this has given some time off in British summer to study - agreed with previous work that they pay for a Wave Boot Camp MCAD, which I'm gonna start very soon.

I am looking to join a group for discussion taking the exam too - be good for all. My background is 10years general IT support, 4 being professional web developer - HTML, server Admin, design, marketing. Am fast approaching the more involved (& challenging) programming side of things!

Wanna start chatting?
cheers.

Welcome to the forum Dazza. I'm prepping right now to take my first exam for SQL Server (70-229 I believe), and get that one elective exam out of the way. Gonna tackle the .net ones in the next few months (MS released a great book/training program for it, so thats gonna be my next purchase I think).

When do you start your boot camp?

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back