Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Explorer 5 upgrade from Microsoft Explorer 3-Network Busy 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

Instructor
Oct 30, 1999
US
I've been trying for a week now to Upgrade to Microsoft Explorer 5. Everytime I try to install it I'm told to try again later that the network may be busy. Doesn't matter what time of the day, I get the same answer.<br>
<br>
This was apparently the solution (according to Microsoft Techs) to the attachment problem in Hotmail under the old version. I'm not only having problems with the attachment problem still, but now I can't even install the upgrade due to a busy signal. They are fully aware of the type of system I am using. Asked them about this busy signal yesterday and last time I checked, there was no answer.<br>
<br>
Any ideas?<br>
<br>
Thanks in advance!<br>
<br>

Hello Joni,<br>
<br>
If they exist, rename the following files in the Windows\System folder to an .old file extension:<br>
<br>
Advpack.dll <br>
Inseng.dll<br>
Jobexec.dl1<br>
Urlmon.dll<br>
Wininet.dll<br>
Wintrust.dll <br>
Then try loading IE5 again. Hope this helps!!!! <br>
<br>

Before moving/renaming/etc with system files, usually I make backups with the extension of .csb (my initials).&nbsp;&nbsp;Helps when you have to &quot;undo&quot; something.<br>Chris <p> <br><a href=mailto: burnz@technologist.com> burnz@technologist.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back