Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Exchange 2000 Maibox backups fail 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nb45

IS-IT--Management
May 19, 2003
CO
When perform a Microsoft Exchange 2000 Mailbox backups fail with the error (none of the files in the file list exist(71)) and the task finish.

The policy is configured with:

Directive Set: Ms_Exchange Mailbox
Directive: Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes:/

How fix this problem?

Thanks for your Help.

We do not do mailbox backups but as far as I know your error may be related to the account that you use for the Veritas services. It need to have admin access to your Exchange server.

This account is domain admin and have set all the permissions decribes the Manual of the agent for Netbackup.

How can set the policy correclty?

Could you try to backup an individual mailbox ?

This is not possible. For Policy is not capable. Shows the same error "71 - None of the files exist"

An my configuration is in Cluster ACTIVE-PASIVE.

How can set a manual backup for this configuration

With another software I was able to do manual backups using the active node host.
It could be a good test, if you try to launch a manual backup from both nodes are you able to see mailboxes ?

Maybe you could also try to use the Administrator Mailbox in the Netbackup Configuration (if it'isn't already !) instead of any other mailbox.

When you launch your backup, which host name are you using ?
(virtual name or node names)

I used the virtual Server name.

Other policies with exchage is funcionallity. For example the backup of the databases.

The settings are the same with the document.

The Exchange is only configured with FIRST STORAGE GROUP and i Configure other Storage for Veritas documentation recomendation

Hi,

I'm not a 100% sure I understand you're question,
But is you are trying to backup an Exchange 2000 server,
you should:

1) make sure you know the storage group's NAME... (the deafult is "First Storage Group", "Seconed Storage Group" etc. but it can be anything the system administrator wants,most people change it to SG1, SG2 etc.)

2) backup the following-
Microsoft Information Store:\STORAGE_GROUP_NAME(you should write it since it is not in the list to choose from)

in the VERITAS installation guide for Exchange 2000 they say that there is no backup for mailboxes in Exchange 2000 (since it's active directory) and only storage groups backup

I concur with michalln, I found that I had to specify the following in the directive:

Microsoft Information Store:\First Storage Group
It worked for me..

You will get 71 errors when NBU attemps to backup the passive cluster. We run Exchnge and several Oracle cluster and I allways get them when the data is on the other node.

Have you contacted Veritas Support yet?
We also have problems with the mailboxbackup of our clustered Exchange 2003 server (exit status 41). Veritas support admitted a problem with the backup of Exchange clusters. They adviced us to install MP3 (currently NB 5.0 with MP1). This should fix the problem. We haven't done so yet, so I can't confirm this fixes the problem.

LouisV - Are the 41s intermittent and tend to occur on just one stream of one server until a problem with a mailbox is found and fixed or do they just all 41 out?

The 41s only occur with mailbox backups of this specific mailcluster. I've found out it actually starts to backup a few mailboxes before failing on the same mailbox every time again. After excluding this specific mailbox it fails at another mailbox. The bpbkar32.exe process at the client stays open after the jobs fails with status 41.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back