Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Excel font problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

coach4u

Instructor
Oct 30, 2004
US
I have Excel 2003 default font set to Courier 12. All the information appears to be in that font until you either print preview or print the actual document. Some of the information is appearing in a different font (looks like Arial). This is especially true for the date format
=Today() My client is requiring all info be in "Courier" format. Anyone now why this is happening and how to correct it?

Thanks in advance.
PV

If you select the cell and view Format>Cells>Font
Look in the font selection box. COURIER is defined as "screen display only - the closest true type font will be used when printing"

ARIAL is a trye type font that can be viewed AND printed - you are correct in that this is probably the font that has been substituted, however, I don't think that there is anything that you can do about it other than convincing your client that they shouldn't use courier if they want documents / reports printed...

Rgds, Geoff

"Three things are certain: Death, taxes and lost data. Guess which has occurred"

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

I see what you mean, now to get that client out of the dark ages : )

Thanks for your help Geoff.

There is a distinction between "Courier" and "Courier New"

Courier new is a true type font that will work for screen and printer.

Courier is not a true type font.

As most people will not be able to tell the difference the client will probably accept Courier New.

cheerio - thanks I'll advise my client to use "Courier New

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back