Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Event log error 6004 releated to VSE 8.0 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

addus5

Technical User
Jun 20, 2003
US
Anyone seen alot of 6004 errors in the system event log. So far we have seen 60 machines that are running 8.0 and are getting the errors. After further research I have found the following knowledge base article (KB39113):

More information is at:
Anyone else seeing this problem?

Anyone get anything from NAI on fixing it?

so what do you do in the meantime?

rollback to 7.1?

Living la vida ePO

No, for the moment I have around 100 test clients out of 2000 computers

and didn't get this error on all computer

The major issue is on a terminal server where I have the event every 10secondes, so I think I will go back to 7.1 on this server.

non of the 9 patches for 8.0i fix this problem, and it's after a successfull install?

Living la vida ePO

no patches, and after a successfull install :-(

Version 8.0 has been pushed to over 10,000 machines in our enterprise. I have a case open with our enterprise support but of course i get the usual response..... "Send the MERTs". So im sending in MERT's from a bunch of machines and will send out an update once I get a response.

i've got about 3000 now and another 9k on the way, everything seems to be working fine... does this issue stop anything from working?

NAI said that it doesnt but any and every problem in our organization is blamed on antivirus so I just want to get it cleared up. I have also seen some issues with .NET and other applications which the patches fix. I am just waiting for it all to be rolled up in patch 10 which should be released in mid January.

I have logged a call with Mcafee Priority support for this, Workaround below.......
Set the TDI driver "not to start", this can be located in the Registry under the following location,
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NaiAvTdi1
Set the value start to 4
I.E. "Start"=dword:00000004

What does that do? disable the TDI driver? what does the TDI driver do?

I'm trying the McAfee Workaround to see what I get.

Question though, I am reading about some of you getting Patches (7-9). How do I get these patches, I don't see any place on there web page to download them. I goto the Enterprise software download and I can read the readme file and it does show Patch 1 but nothing on a higher patch.
I'm wondering if my troubles are because of this patch issues. Does anyone have a link?

I am having the same issue as Addus5 back at the begining of this thread.

Thanks again
:< }

>-- --<

[worm] Bill [:<}

you have to login to the support section of the website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back