Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft DataGrid Control 6.0 (OLEDB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliver76

Programmer
Oct 2, 2001
I’m using a Microsoft DataGrid 6 and ADODC. In the Grid’s properties, in Layout tab, I’ve checked the checkedbox “button”. So that I can put or choose records from it like a combo box. But it gives me nothing. I don’t know if my code is correct… here it is…I’m already confused please help me!

Private Sub DataGrid1_Click()
Dim txt As String
txt = ("SELECT * FROM tblambot")
DataGrid1 = txt
‘My purpose is when I click the button in datagrid1 the records in tblambot should appear.
End Sub

‘Where tblambot is another table.
'Should i specify the field to use?

Use a ADO recordset to run your query and set the recordset to Datagrid/adodc.
'say rec is recordset
Set rec = datagrid1.recordset.

to vishnuprasad

when i declare this line "Set rec = datagrid1.recordset" it gives me an error. Saying "Method or data member not found" Heres the code...
private sub A_()
dim rec as recordset
set rec = datagrid1.recordset
endsub

Any suggestion, please clarify....

thanx in advace....

After a long gap in this area, a very lucid readymade control, named Hotkey DataGridPlus, is now available at
This control adds to the functionality of Microsoft DataGrid, is very easy to use, and is capable of handling data aware combo boxes, column size and capital letter convertion while entry.

If this is of your use...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back