Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Change FullName Display "Lastname, Firstname"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillBrosius

Programmer
Jan 9, 2003
US
I need to change the way "Fullname" is displayed. I am very new to MS CRM and cannot see anything that would allow me to change this through the application. Is there a way to change it on the back-end through SQL?

We are running it on SQL 2005.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

go to the organizational settings - it is right there...

So in your browser you should be able to type CRM (if it was set up as MS intends),
Hit the Settings button (lower left)
Choose Organizational Settings
Choose System Settings
make the change on that first tab

PROBLEM of course (been there - done that) is that this will only effect things going forward --- all of the old data will be the old way. SO - I ran this (even though MS will not support your CRM if this screws up - according to our var they want you to buy another product - pish posh)

Code:
Update ContactBase
Set ModifiedOn = GetDate(), FullName =  RTRIM(LastName) + ', ' + RTRIM(FirstName)

This updated all of the contacts and pushed them to the remote users just fine on our end (ymmv)

should have pointed out - this is a setting for your whole CRM install - so if you are looking to change that setting for one user --- I am not sure it is done...

I can't believe I missed that!!!

Thanks jymmm. I will take a look at that script.

I think MS's problem with updating the DB directly (as most DBA/programmers would - insert big cheesy grin here) is the GUIDS --- if you are careful and do it on a test db first you should be ok --- my 2 cents.

if you have any problems holler

You can change it in the system configuration section but it will not update your existing values. For that you would need to do a direct SQL update which is not supported but should work

John O'Donnell, Microsoft CRM MVP, MCSE, MCSA
MBS Certified Master–Applications for Microsoft Dynamics CRM
MBS Certified Master–Installation & Configuration for Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Crowe Chizek and Company LLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back