Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Cardfile (old app) 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

voisey

IS-IT--Management
May 24, 2006
GB
Hi
Some time ago I used Microsoft Cardfile to store short/small pieces of data in a simple manner. I found it straightforward to use and miss having it available.
Does anyone know if this would still work with Win 10 and if so any idea where I could perhaps obtain a copy. I know it was shipped free with some of the original Windows OS but late 90's discontinued.

Just a general interest as I have a use for it or something similar. I have tried Microsoft Onwnote but cannot get on with it.

Cheers
Chris

Thanks mintjulep for quick response.

I'm just looking for an app that I can store names; telephone; area of work/expertise etc - very similar to an address book. In fact I suppose a simple address book app would suffice. I'm not interested in it being store in the cloud, just on my desktop. That is what I used to use MS Cardfile for.

Thanks

Chris

I use All My Notes Organizer from Vladonai Software. It probably has more features than you need, but you can ignore most of them. There is a free version and a paid-for version.

There are dozens of similar products on the market. I used to use Info Select, but my ancient version doesn't work on 64-bit systems and I thought the current version too complicated. But it might be worth a glance.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

Thanks Rick998 Mike Lewis

I will give both of these a look. Something simple is what I need (to keep info on builders, plumbers, electricians etc)

Cheers

Chris

I remember it from Windows for workgroups 3.11 - still works on Win 10 etc.
However it is a bit dated.
Nowadays I use Google Keep
but have a look at Link

Thanks everyone for your responses. I'm now spoilt for choice!

My needs are small i.e. I only need about 50 records - so I will evaluate over the next week or so

Cheers

Chris

Hi Mike
Yes it certainly is worth keeping upto date on these things.

At the moment I am trying out 'AllMyNotes Organiser'. I like the way it emulates Windows Explorer and ease of identification of topics. I'm going to try 'NotesKeeper' next
When I try to access the 'Google Keep' my Browser guard warns me not to proceed - a bit wary of clicking through

I did set up an Access db but that software has changed quite considerably since I last used it - about 20 years+ ago. I'll probably give that a miss for my needs.

I'm only using a small number of entries to trial.

Cheers

[I'm a bit on the ancient side but still like to keep as upto date as I can.]

If you have MS Access, you can download free contacts database from MS. Description, link to database and short video about it here.

combo

Thanks combo

I have tried this previously but just for what I want I'm not sure about it.
But thanks for the suggestion and making a contribution to my knowledge - I had not seen the help article previously.

Chris

I also use Notes Keeper ... an irreplaceable thing! Convenient in my plastic surgery entries and cosmetic surgery article! Without her, my job would be very hard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back