Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Bluetooth PIN - Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

blindman2

MIS
Mar 31, 2006
US
I have a user that is using a Microsoft Elite Bluethooth KB and mouse set. I need to move these items to a new computer and I do not know the PIN number for the device<s> so I can reatach on the new computer. She does not have the original documentation. I am thinking it is 0000 or 1234. I am going ot be replacing the workstation with a new computer and really need to be able to reinstall these for her. Thanks if you can help.

Doesn't this set come with a Bluetooth USB dongle? If so, then the communication is between the KB/mouse and the dongle, this should remain unchanged.

Tony

Users helping Users...

I was going to recycle the BT key on a CPU w/o BT - Laptop has built in BT. simply moving key, That was my thought too - but might stll need drivers for it - no support through MS for the hardware - manual or drivers, they are not availble to download. ( that I could find ) Lucky that I did find the original box / manual / software - So I am up n running. Thx

Just set it up again.... run the bluetooth connection utility to find the keyboard & mouse (after you push the button on the bottom to allow them to be found). Even if you knew the old passprhase, you couldn't use it without finding the devices again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back