Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft ActiveSync / iPAQ Pocket PC Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackS2

MIS
Jul 7, 2003
GB
Hi,

I have a user who about every 3 to 4 weeks gets an error with thier compaq pocket pc. They will be using it fine for weeks then it will suddernly say something along the lines of:

not detected,contact administrator, unable to connect device

Basically it will not sync, and the PC will just not find the iPAQ. I cannot see a way of getting it to connect. I have tried connecting via USB and serial but no luck, also downloaded the newest version on activesync but still nothing...

Any suggestions?

Cheers

We had the same problem, however the latest version of activesync sorted it.

Did you remove the old version first? Have you tried removing the partnership and creating a new one?

Sorted this earlier today. activesync on the pc was 'disconnected' activesync on the iPAQ was 'connected' a soft reeboot and a re-connect later that is all I did and it is working fine, glad I updated activesync whilst I was there also :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back