Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

fse

Technical User
Jul 28, 2000
US
I am creating an Access database that I would like to set up some field as follows:<br><br>Field Name:&nbsp;&nbsp;Veteran - I want to type in either Y or N then have it automatically go to the next field.<br><br>Field Name:&nbsp;&nbsp;Gender - I want to type in either M or F then have it automatically go to the next field.<br><br>I have read up on AutoTab and have tried, but with no success.&nbsp;&nbsp;I'm not sure what I am doind wrong at this point.&nbsp;&nbsp;Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Good morning!<br><br>Are you entering the data directly into the table or into a form which is based on a table?<br><br>If you are in a table, you can't really get it to go automatically to the next field,without typing _something_, such as ENTER or TAB, to my knowledge.&nbsp;&nbsp;However, in a form I guess you could write some code to do that.<br><br>Let me know if you want to more detail. <p>Kathryn<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>

I want to enter the data into the table direct.

Then, unfortunately, you can't do what you want.&nbsp;&nbsp;Generally this is why we use forms for data entry, instead of entering directly into tables; forms offer much more flexibility. <p>Kathryn<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>

If I input through a form, how would I set up those fields to autotab?

In the controls for the fields, call them txtVeteran and txtGender, you can set an AutoTab property which does exactly what you want.&nbsp;&nbsp;Check out the help file on AutoTab.<br><br>Hope this helps. <br><br> <p>Kathryn<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back