Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Access to Teradata via ODBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mozc

Programmer
Jan 30, 2002
US
When using Microsoft Access 2000 to link to a Teradata system table (DBC.AccLogTbl) all I receive in the result set after executing the query is the constant "#Deleted" in each row and column. I am using the Teradata demo software and therefore using the default Teradata ODBC driver version 2.08.01. I often receive this same problem when using other system (DBC) tables.

I don't have any problems using the same driver from QueryMan. And if I import DBC.AccLogTbl everything seems to import just fine.

Any ideas? Doug Drake
(MOZC)

Are you linking to the table or using a passthrough query as the data source?

The message you see is a common Access 'feature' and has nothing to do with the ODBC/DBMS version. It ususally occurs when the virtual copy in memory is out of sync with the physical table, whether it be local or remote. I have often used a 'refresh' from within VB to solve this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back