Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Access Security Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

rptlady

Technical User
Nov 6, 2002
US
I have created a database and placed it on our network server. Everyone's machine has been joined to the wkgrp file on the server and can get in with the correct password. Now any other databases they try to access is asking for a login. What do I need to do to correct this.

Thanks

If you explicitly join a workgroup then the security applies to all your Access activity.

The way round this is to leave everyone joined to their local system.mdw and use a desktop shortcut to start the application. The shortcut references the workgroup file applicable to that application.

"Pathtomsaccess\msaccess.exe" "Path todatabase\database.mdb" /wrkgrp "path to workgroupfile\workgroup.mdw

Thanks, I'll try that.

Tek-Tips is great!

I secured my database, creeating group account and different permission level to my users. Users need to see different data, so I gave them table read data permission. I don't want to let them be able to export the table and look to all the data. Ho can I prevent that?
Thanks
Laura

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back