Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Access - Reserved Error Message 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have somehow created a record in Access that will not delete.There is nothing in the record. When I try to delete it I get the following message:
"Reserved Error -1601.There is no messagage for this error."

When I click help is get this Microsoft Jet error Message Reference:
&quot;Reserved error <item>; there is no message for this error (Error 3000)contact Microsoft Product Support Services for more information.&quot;

Can someone tell me how to reverse this error. I can't find anything about iton the Support services site.
Thanks

I hope someone responds to this because I have the same problem with a record in one of the tables in one of my DataBase/programs at work. I can change the data in the record but cannot delete it. Also, a query designed to count those records for a pop up box will not count that particular record. [sig][/sig]

Hi

You could try

back up the database first
remove any relationships for the table attempt to delete the record.

if that doesn't work

create a new table and copy all the data to this from the corrupted table, then remove the any relationships for the table. delete the table and rename the new table and re-instate the relationships.

Another desperate mesure might be to create a new database and import the tables and so forth into it and see if the problem still occurs.

check out how many errors there are in the list of errors that are not explaned!

HTH [sig]<p>Robert Dwyer<br><a href=mailto:rdwyer@orion-online.com.au>rdwyer@orion-online.com.au</a><br>[/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back