Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Access can not open the mail session. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jog

Programmer
Sep 13, 2000
US
I have an application written in Access97 in which I want to select records from a table and e-mail the result. I've set up a macro which will run a query over the table and then I've used SendObject to export to an .XLS spreadsheet which I want to mail. I've tried to run this macro on two machines and both come up with the error "Microsoft Access can not open the mail session. Check mail application to make sure it's working properly". We're using Microsoft Outlook as the mail application, and yes, we can send and receive messages outside of Access.

Any tips or suggestions of where to start to pinpoint the error? [sig][/sig]

Hi Jog,

Ok i've been down this path and gave up.
But after seeing this posting had another go at it

Alright after looking at the silly help files for OL express
i added Windows Messaging, it's a start at least the error message is different, i suspect this isn't setup correctly

it's a start i'll have a look at this again at another time
let us know how you get on :cool:

Robert
[sig][/sig]

Hi Jog,

Ok after a bit more reading (following the instructions)
says logoff then log back on NT4 mmm

it works! exchange sends it to O/L express ready to go from the out box. looking at the format HTML seems to work sort of ok but you/me might have to work on a email type report to get the formating correct for this mode
HTH :-Q

Robert [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back