Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft 2000 server problemo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi

I'm running server 2000 on my PC(PIII 500mmHz, 128MB SDRAM, Asus V6600 GeForce 256, SB Live Digital, Asus 440BX Flagship Motherboard P3B-F). My problem lies in the gaming department and basically just operating sstem compatability. In the first few minutes of gameplay my PC will totally lock up and loop the sound like a skipping CD, the system becomes totally non-functionable causing me to reboot. Since I built this machine up as a gaming machine you can probably understand my frusterations.

I have tried numerous display and sound drivers, have changed settings in the bios, even removed the soundcard from the motherboard , nothing works.
I understand that win2000 server is not a gaming operating system but i know several people that have the system running flawlessly with games and all.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Confused desperately needing assistance

check if your system is windwows 2000 compatible. after that, let's see what we can do. Jun E. Merencilla
Software Engineer
24/F Antel 2000 Corporate Center
121 Valero Street, Salcedo Village
Makati City, Philippines
Tel. No. (632)8871718 loc. 160
email: junm@misnet.com.ph

What game and which drivers do you use...
Some games don't like the win2000 OpenGL-drivers! :(
DirectX 7.0 needs the update for it to work properly!

also check the asus drivers....

use the refs. from asus or the 6.32 detonators from nvidia

Why are you running games on a SERVER ?!?!?!?!?!?
Jeff
masterracker@hotmail.com

If everything seems to be going well: you don't have enough information.......

I agree with MasterRacker.... Unless you are using it as a specific game server, but use Win98 for gaming thats what its designed for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back