Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros3700 force non alcoholic drink choice???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShortyMc

Technical User
Apr 6, 2011
US
Hello all. I'm running Micros 3700 and want to force non alcoholic drink selection as the next screen to come up right after establishing the table number and number of guests. To make selecting a soft drink, coffee, tea, or water as fool-proof as possible, can I tie in the number of entries required to the number of guests, and then not allow more entrees than there are guests. An example would be; the server puts in 1 guest (to avoid having to ring up 6 non alcoholic drinks at all or until later) when really there are 6 guests, and then goes to enter all 6 entree orders, but since they assigned only 1 guest to this table and check, Micros will only allow one entree order. Is this possible? The goal is to get all drinks rung in, and this is the only way I can think of doing it. (Being a server in the past, I always rang up drinks to increase that check average, but as a manager now, I know this is an issue we've been having, and needs to stop.)

What version are you running? In TMS you can set up a macro to run after satrting a table

I'm running 3700. Are there step-by-step intructions in the system I can refer to?

TMS macros start about version RES 4.4. What 3700 version are you running?

I'm running RES version 3.3.
What's TMS?

Table Management System. I guess you could do what you want as long as you arent using floor plans. Write amacro that goes through these steps:

1. Begin check by table;
2. Function Changescreen;

Link the Begin table to this Macro, with the next screen set to the drink screen you want to use.

This is achievable in your version

Why go through setting up TMS when you can just enable beverage control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back