Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros WS5 E7 software help! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkawliga

Technical User
Feb 19, 2013
thread693-1619324

Hello,

I purchased a Micros WS5 approximately a year ago which runs E7 software. We have the key and we had passwords allowing access to Configurator. The problem I am having is that in trying to remove Configurator access to one of my managers, I apparently removed access to myself as well. My user was only set as a Manager also(unfortunately). I contacted a Micros dealer to see about purchasing a licensed copy of the software, which I also assume would be possibly more recent. I was advised although by purchasing, I would have the rights to the software, I would not actually receive software and that a dealer would have to install it.

My question: Is there any way I can get into the Configurator another way? Also, is there anywhere I can download the software to do a clean install if possible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Yes.
On your BOC open e7config.txt located at C:\Program Files\MICROS\e7\Cfg
Change UWSObjectNumber to 6; save and close. Close e7.exe. When you open e7.exe again, it will take you straight into configurator (you'll get a lot of 'warning' message, just keep clicking OK). Go to the employees, reset your password, and then close e7.exe again. Reopen e7config.txt and change it back to its original value; save and close. Restart e7.exe. You should be good to go!

Note: This only works if you have less than 6 terminals. If you are currently using all 6 terminals the only option is a database restore.

I should note that the same works if you aren't using a BOC, but I think it is located in (just guessing) CF\Micros\e7\cfg... something like that.

Oh. And yeah, if you have a key, all of the software is posted on the Micros site. All you have to have for it to work is the physical key. And all e7 keys work for all version of e7; they don't have differently licensed versions like RES.

Thank you so much for the quick and detailed reply, I cannot thank you enough! I do not have a BOC and only one terminal currently. Wow, thats good to know about the software. Do I just plug my key into a computer and go to the site to download it?

It appears you have to have a login to the members area to download and you have to be a micros employee or dealer. Can anyone tell me how you access the software?

I tried what you proposed but all it did was start as usual but the screen colors were all like light blue and yellow. It also advised workstation date was incorrect. Any other ideas? Thanks!

Sadly, as far as I'm aware, if that trick doesn't work to launch you into the configurator, the only recourse in e7 is to restore a backup of the database from before you locked yourself out. There are NO other manager accounts? Did you have a company install it? They tend to leave back-door super-users for support purposes; if you can get that from them it should get you in.

If you are willing to do a clean install (as a word of warning, a clean install in e7 really is a clean install.. no tenders, no service charges, no discounts, no touchscreens, no menu item categories, etc).

... and I was going to finish that sentence with a 'then the software I posted should be able to do it. If you flash the workstation and then install the software'.

Granted, if you are in operation right now, playing around with that kind of thing probably isn't a good idea. It could end up taking a week to get the system back up off the ground.

Thanks. I don't mind the clean install but the bios password shown in other posts is not working now to reinstall CE. Any ideas on that

Do you have the bios update if one exists? I got restored and all is working except the printer. I even used ws5 diagnostic utility and cannot get my printer to work again. I've went over every setting a dozen times and cannot see anything missing. Even restored an old backup db and nothing. Thought maybe bios update for 3.2 e7 may help. Thanks for all the help and the files!

Hello,

Micros usually have a Property Owner account in their system with entry code of "911" give it a shot.

Hello,

Micros common default password as follows.

E7 Default Passowrd:
or the phone number of the local dealer with area code.

RES Default Passwords:
Micros
Micros123
micros
micros123
123micros
microssupport

Moregelen,

e7_ws5_build_3.2_MR2.exe - Does this build has a functional inventory patch? So far the version 3.0+ that I has a corrupt patch for inventory.

hi Moregelen ..looking for e7_ws4lx_build_3.2_MR2.exe there was a link here that does not work anymore thanks or all of file set for 3.3 thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back