Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros WS5 COM1 not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechmaniaMN

Technical User
Apr 1, 2014
US
I am having issues with COM1 not printing, it works perfectly and will test print through the utility, but not in normal operation. any ideas on what this could be? BIOS rev is 1025 and the CE 6.0 version is GR1.2
Thanks!

Hi,

may sound like an obvious question but have you checked the print routing of what you are trying to print?

The config is the same with other stations, so I don't think that's the issue...

What type of printer are you printing to? TM-88 Epson or something else? Your printer has no dip switch settings on it - does it?

it's replacing a terminal in an environment that's already configured, it's definitely something with the terminal itself, not a peripheral

Hi,
when it ocurrs, we always change the rs232 cable and verify dip switch in the printer.
Regards

The workstation 5's, COM1 is a Bar Code reader. I do not have Printers setup on any COMs. I use the IDN cable connection for those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back