Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICROS Workstation 5A RES 4.X

Status
Not open for further replies.

themicrosman

IS-IT--Management
Jul 30, 2013
US
Does anyone know if there are any issues with running Workstation 5A on RES 4.9? I currently have all Workstation 5's, not 5A's

4.9 should be good, I believe. I think it was 4.7 and older that required a separate patch to duplicate the CAL folders from WS5 to WS5A.

So I loaded a WS5A terminal on my otherwise Workstation 5 environment and I got this error message. "Application FourGoDCE.exe encountered a serious error and must shut down". Does anyone know what that means. It seems like the terminal works once I click ok to close the message and move past it. But I didn't get to far into testing it fully.

FourGoDCE.exe isnt a standard Micros executable. You must have some other 3rd party program in your CAL packages.

Do you want some custom SIM scripts developed. Contact me via my website

I'd search for that executable in the CAL folder on your server. It may be part of an interface you're using.

I've got one location running 4.8 and WS5a terminals, so you should be good with 4.9

Yeah, I do see it in the CAL folder. I think it may have to do with SHIFT4 credit card processing. Probably something needs to be configured when I add a new terminal.

I'm not sure how Shift4 works, but it should have a folder inside \MICROS\Res\CAL\WS5A\Packages. If you have it working on WS5's, I'd delete the package from the WS5a folder and copy in whatever is in the WS5 folder. Maybe something was updated and only copied into the relevant CAL folder(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back