Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICROS Version 5 Red Key KDS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

POSINSAM

Technical User
Mar 3, 2013
US
Hey guys, I am hoping for a miracle here. The manager of a restaurant I work for has decided they want to put in KDS on their Res 5 system. He asked me if that was possible. He has a red key so I said "Absolutely! that key can do anything!" Unbeknownst to me the person he bought the key from never exported the KDS version five code. He can't get a hold of the guy, and is now very pissed off at me considering he bought the KDS units and the screens. Would anyone happen to know the code for that particular situation? I know all the red keys are all the same key number, just hoping I get lucky.

THANK YOU!!

This probably isn't much help, but the one time I used a red key, it came with a standard Micros key code printout to go along with it (for versions 4 and 5).

Has this site updated to 5.4 MR2, by the way? I have no clue how the new Oracle Licensing patch works with red keys, as supposedly the keys are optional now?

No. As it stands they are on version 5.2 I Believe all red keys are 10010 and therefor any red code will work. I am just hoping someone feels charitable.
Im sure it did come with a printout but that is gone. I was able to recover all but the KDS for res 5

Licensing keys were based on Hardware (at least for Micros 9700). I've installed it on a 9700 Lab server and it appears to be working now. However, all my licensing keys are present. I am not sure how it will work if you don't have the KDS license key entered.

Have you considered running the key-less licensing patch?

Moregelen, That is the first Ive heard of that. Can you explain? Thank you!

Micros released a patch that converts the license manager to a keyless system. You no longer need the USB stick. Instead you just check off which software pieces you have.

It's a part of Micros getting away from licensing like they do, which is partly because of the Oracle by out.

Moregelen, You couldn't possible post that patch?

Licensing Patch RMF

Licensing Patch

Be aware that anything licensed through Professional Services (registry keys under Micros/PS) WILL break when this patch is installed, and will not work until a new license key is obtained and installed in the proper place in the registry. Also, you will lose all other traditional licensing info in the registry, and Demo mode will not be an option anymore.

THANK YOU DJensen999 !!! You saved my butt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back